Retail Suite.ShelfSpace is a store shelf space management system. It enables you to automate and tune an efficient retail space management in your chain.
It is an operational tool for a retail director, commerce director, planogrammer, merchandiser, category manager, and store assistants. It has an embedded scenario approach allowing you to manage several parallel running tasks simultaneously.
The retail space of the chain should be efficient and manageable. To achieve this goal RS.ShelfSpace provides controlling for the set of indicators, reflecting the efficiency of retail space usage.
When modelling retail space RS.ShelfSpace processes hundreds and thousands of objects: store fixtures including all the attributes, departments, sections, shelves, slots and separate SKUs.
Retail space management is carried out centrally. Product display is provided based on system calculated visual guides according to the set rules.
When generating planograms a stock reduction principle is supported providing the required level of service alongside; customer demand support algorithms change store planograms within a single click.
The system comprehensively supports both regular and promo sales. Easy and comfortable operation with planograms and realograms, change history archiving.
New store opening support. A shopfloor plan is created by new store opening business process; this plan is further kept actual considering all changes in the retail space and store fixtures.
Last but not least, the system provides various analytical reports to estimate the retail performance.
RS.ShelfSpace ensures the following benefits:
Head Office & Store Staff Costs Cut Down
- Reduction of time spent on planogram release, update and feedback
- Reduction of time spent by Head Office staff responsible for store fixtures, product range and display to create and update planograms
- Reduction of time spent by Head Office staff responsible for store fixtures, product range and display to create and update shopfloor plans
Capital Costs Cut Down
- Reduction of wrong or excessively ordered equipment for stores within a long term development program
- Reduction of time (in days) required to open a new store
Customer Loyalty Increase, Sales Increase
- Unified product display in all chain stores.
- Capability to display products having high margin in specific “warm” areas.
- Capability to display products on a specific shelf based on sales history analysis but not according to the expert’s opinion.
- Capability to use “product neighbouring” rules when analysing cross sales
- Optimal allocation of retail space based on sales history and market trends
- Capability to analyse warm/cold areas per shelf/rack/store
For Head Office Staff
- Visual floorspace and store fixtures planogram generation – various configurations and complexity;
- Automatic planogram generation by set rules
- Various product display algorithms:◦horizontal, vertical
- by size, by brand, by trade mark, by product attributes,
- by ABC-analysis results
- Sales Data visualisation in shopfloor plans and store fixtures planograms
- Shopfloor space per area unit utilisation efficiency analysis – by racks, by item groups, by stores
- Planogram history archiving
- Planogram approval tool
- Central and local control for display management
- OOTB Store Fixtures Templates
For Store Staff
- Store staff access to planograms through a web-browser
- Viewing store fixtures to be installed in the store (it is displayed as a tree breaking down to departments)
- Viewing current store fixture planogram
- Viewing legend (store fixtures range list), viewing product range by shelf
- Viewing product range located on the shelf including its complete data (name, image, price, physical data)
- Viewing store fixture location in the shopfloor
- Viewing adjusted planograms; these planograms are highlighted in the store fixture tree
- Comparing current and previous planograms
- For modified planograms it is possible to generate a progress report and send it to Head Office (there is a function to attach the image)
- For every store fixture it is possible to generate a comment (it looks like a chat) and send it to Head Office
- Printing out planograms and legends
RS.ShelfSpace 2.0 management system allows controlling the set of measures that reflect efficiency of retail space utilisation. Every measure/indicator can be detailed to specific section or store fixture:
- Revenues per 1m2 of retail area
- Revenues per 1m2 of general area
- Sales volume to Effective Stock Area ratio
- General Display Effective Area
- General Store Fixtures Area
- General Display Effective Area to Store Fixture General Area ratio
- Effective Stock Area to Store Fixture Effective Area ratio
- Shopfloor Summary Information
System Operation Process Example:
- The management system sends transactions to RS.ShelfSpace at the end of the day
- Planograms are automatically updated during the night time on store portals; product status is updated in the product matrix as well
- RS.SCM generates jobs for managers regarding new and deleted items in the product matrix
- In the morning managers solve tasks to adjust planograms according to the changed product status.
- The senior manager activates the procedure to approve adjusted planograms.
- In the next morning a member of the store staff views adjusted planograms in the web-portal and changes the product display accordingly
- This store employee takes a photo of the modified rack and sends the photo to Head Office through the web-portal.
- The manager in Head Office compares the adjusted rack planogram to the real data in the photo.
RS.ShelfSpace position within Retail Chain Management System
SOA of the solution enables you to create full functioning, reliable and easy structured integration with other systems. It allows quick, trouble free and secure data exchange implementation.